Bruce J. Warshawsky
Bruce J. Warshawsky has had a distinguished legal career in Harrisburg since he graduated Cum Laude from the Dickinson School of Law in 1990.
Mr. Warshawsky graduated in 1983 from the Wharton School of Business of the University of Pennsylvania with a B.S. in economics with concentrations in accounting/MIS.
He joined the law firm of Cunningham & Chernicoff, P.C. in 2004 (renamed Cunningham, Chernicoff & Warshawsky, P.C. in 2015) focusing his practice on representing businesses and individuals in the areas of estates, elder law, real estate, municipal law, business transactions and litigation.
He currently serves as solicitor to Halifax Township (Dauphin County), Halifax Area School District and Tuscarora Township (Perry County) and counsel to the Pennsylvania Lawyers Fund for Client Security.
He previously served as Special Counsel to Susquehanna Township and as a hearing examiner for the Pennsylvania Securities Commission. He has been a judicial law clerk, managed his own law firm and worked for Rite Aid Corporation. In 2002, he sought public office as a State Representative and in 2013 as a Board Member for the Susquehanna Township School District.
Mr. Warshawsky is a member of the Dauphin County, Cumberland County and Pennsylvania Bar Association and admitted to the bar before the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, U.S. District Court for the Middle District, Western District and Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court.
He is also an adjunct professor (Land Use Planning) at the Commonwealth Campus-Widener University School of Law and served as an expert witness in estate litigation.
Mr. Warshawsky is a Past President of the Harrisburg Jewish Community Center, a founding member of the Susquehanna Township Rotary Club and is active in many civic, charitable and youth organizations.
He is a frequent lecturer on matters relating to estate planning and elder law. He resides in Susquehanna Township with his wife and has three adult children.
Areas of Practice
- Business and Corporate Law 10%
- Municipal Law 10%
- Real Estate Law 5%
- Wills 15%
- Estate and Trust Administration 20%
- Elder Law 15%
- Asset Preservation Law 5%
- Business Litigation 20%
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Member, Order of the Barristers and Corpus Juris Secundum
- Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania
- B.S. - 1983
- Major: Economics
- Major: Accounting/MIS
- Adjunct Professor, Land Use Planning, Commonwealth Campus, Widener University School of Law
- Bridge the Gap, CRXJEM Consulting (CLE)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dauphin County Bar Association, Member
- Cumberland County Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Susquehanna Township, Dauphin County, Special Counsel
- Pennsylvania Securities Commission, Hearing Examiner
- Rite Aid Corporation, Associate Real Estate Counsel
- Cumberland County Court of Common Pleas, Judicial Law Clerk